New Forest Bike Ride
On Sunday 19th June there is a beautiful charity bike ride through the New Forest, helping to raise vital funds for Orchid Cancer Care.
There is a choice of four routes, all starting and finishing in Brockenhurst. The three longer routes cross a landscape of open vistas and shaded woodlands while quiet roads and gentle hills make the shorter rides ideal for families.
The rides all start and finish at the Brockenhurst Sixth Firm College, Lyndhurst Road, Brockenhurst, SO42 7ZE. The four different rides are as follows;
- 60, 45 and 30 mile cyclists: start between 8:00am – 10:00am at a time to suit you
- The 15 mile family route: starts anytime between 9.30am – 10.15am
The Family-friendly 15 mile route follows forest tracks so is nearly all traffic-free. NOT suitable for racing bikes!
For more information please click the links below;
Orchid is the only registered charity in the UK dedicated to supporting and improving the lives of men affected by male cancer and their families.
* Over 41,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year and sadly 10,000
do not survive. This equates to one man dying every hour
* Over 2,200 men every year are affected by testicular cancer. This
means that every day, 6 men are diagnosed and nearly 50% of those are aged under 35
* A further 500 men are diagnosed with the much rarer penile cancer
Behind each statistic is a man, a father, a son, a brother, grandfather or friend. Join us now and help tackle male cancer!
Tel: 0203 745 7315